Forsyth County Schools is moving from Acceptable Use Guidelines and replacing it with Responsible Use Guidelines. These include 5 statements outlining behaviors all FCS community members will exhibit regarding digital citizenship. Goals include consistent home-school communication; flexibility for local school communities; teaching digital citizenship in the context of students’ personal devices; and address growing diversity and different expectations of our learning community.
Let’s Chat About Responsible Use
Using TodaysMeet at https://todaysmeet.com/rugchat, answer these questions:
- What are your worst fears?
- How do you define responsible use?
- How is the shift different than Acceptable Use Procedures?
Opening the Floodgates
- FCS Digital Learning Continuum
- Bring Your Own Technology – NBC News
- Zero to Eight: Children’s Media Use in America 2013 – Commonsense Media
Making the Shift in Forsyth County Schools
Strategies for the Transition
- Engage the Stakeholders
- Educate Everyone
- Focus on Digital Age Skills
- Review Data
- Make Incremental Changes
- Don’t Make “Technology” Rules
- Provide Learning Resources
- Find New Uses for Old Tools