Warning! 🙂 This agenda will continue to be developed during the workshop. These activities and resources are just suggestions to guide the discussion, so please share your questions and ideas in Twitter in #byotpd.
Critical Thinking through Inquiry – Twitter
- What is Twitter?
- How do I set up a Twitter account?
- How do I follow/unfollow other people?
- How do I block people who annoy me?
- What is my Home feed in Twitter?
- How do I search for other people or topics?
- How do I participate in a Twitter chat?
- How do I submit my first Tweet?
Activity: Participate in a #byotpd chat in Twitter throughout the day in Twitter to discuss ideas, suggestions, or questions.
What is BYOT?
Creativity through iPhotography – Pixlromatic
- How can I use iPhotography to teach various subjects and concepts?
- How do I add effects to a photograph using the app, Pixlromatic?
Lunch Break (Activity: Take a photo with your device using one of the aspects of iPhotography).
Collaboration with Wikis – Wikispaces
- What is a wiki?
- How do I create a wiki?
- How do I manage the settings of my wiki?
- How can I use a wiki to differentiate instruction?
- Upload notes for iPhotography.
- Share resources/strategies for using Twitter.
- Provide directions for using VoiceThread.
Creativity through VoiceThread – VoiceThread
Forsyth County Schools VoiceThreads
- What is a VoiceThread?
- How can I use VoiceThread to encourage authorship?
- How do I use VoiceThread from a computer? from the app?
- How do I create a new VoiceThread?
- How do I share my VoiceThread with others?
- Create a VoiceThread using the photo from lunch.
- Share your VoiceThread with the group.
- Comment on the VoiceThreads of others in the group.
Just in Time Learning
What Adults Can Learn from Kids – Adora Svitak
- How do I learn alongside my students?
- How can I empower students with their own learning?
- How do I create a learning community in my classroom?
- How do I teach digital citizenship with BYOT?
Work on some of the new skills and strategies you have developed throughout the day.
What Are the Four C’s?
The Four C’s: Making 21st Century Education Happen
Additional Resources on the Four C’s of 21st Century Learning
- The Framework for 21st Century Learning
- The Seven Steps to Becoming a 21st Century School or District
- The 21st Century Classroom – Where the 3 R’s meet the 4 C’s!
Web Tools to Promote the Four C’s
Communication with Blogs – Edublogs
Project Based Learning with BYOT
- What is Project Based Learning (PBL)?
- Example: Transformational Gaming Project
- The Common Core is the “what.” PBL is the “how.”
- Transforming Instruction with BYOT
QR Codes in the BYOT Classroom
- What are QR Codes?
- QR Readers
- Creating a QR Code
Edmodo – http://forsyth.edmodo.com/