Here are the resources that will be used in my workshop entitled Engage Me with BYOT!
Build Your BYOT PLN
- Social Media in Plain English
- Build Your BYOT PLN
- Share Your BYOT Tool/Device – Share your device with a member of your PLN. What are your favorite personal and educational applications? Why? Tweet out those apps to the #byotpd hashtag in Twitter.
What Is BYOT?
- BYOD in the 21st Century
- About BYOT by BYOTNetwork
- My BYOT Thoughts/Experiences – What are your thoughts and/or experiences with BYOT? Share those ideas with the rest of the group in the #byotpd hashtag in Twitter. Read at least one other Tweet and write a reply. It is the goal of our learning community that all of us have at least one reply to our Tweets.
- Learning with Your BYOT PLN – What questions do you still have about BYOT? Tweet your question to the hashtag #byotpd in Twitter. Reply to another person’s BYOT question.
The 4 C’S of BYOT
- Above and Beyond
- Teaching the 4 C’s in BYOT by BYOTNetwork
- An Educator’s Guide to the 4 C’s
- The 4 C’s Assignment – Create or identify an activity that incorporates at least 2 of the 4 C’s and email it to Tim Clark.
- The 4 C’s Poster
Responsible Use of BYOT
- FCS Responsible Use Guidelines
- Learning to TRUST with Responsible Use
- Trust Poster
- Google Alerts – Keep an eye on your digital footprint
- Responsible Use Guidelines – Your Next Steps – Take a few minutes to process all you’ve been hearing about Responsible Use and make a plan for what’s the first thing you’ll do with students when you get back to school in August. Tweet out that step to the #byotpd hashtag in Twitter.
Digital Age Learners
- Changing Education Paradigms
- A Bill of Rights and Principals for Learning in the Digital Age
- FCS Learner Profile
- FCS Learner Profile Team Assignment – Each team will develop a strategy for facilitating one of the strands from the FCS Learner profile with the use of BYOT and will present that strategy to the rest of the group. Share your presentation or description of your strategy with the rest of the group.
- Team 1: Seek Knowledge and Understanding
- Team 2: Think Critically and Solve Problems
- Team 3: Listen, Communicate, and Interact Effectively
- Team 4: Exhibit Strong Personal Qualities
- Team 5: Engage and Compete in a Global Environment
- A Student’s Perspective of BYOT
Levels of Use in BYOT
Forsyth County Schools’ has adopted Bernajean Porter’s Spectrum of Technology Uses as a way of identifying how technology is used in classrooms.
- Grappling’s Spectrum of Technology Uses
- Levels of Use Poster
- Transformational Gaming Project
- Levels of Use in BYOT – Transforming Learning Experiences
- Socrative Assessment
- Resources for Levels of Technology Use
Strategies for Implementing BYOT
- Strategies for Taking Flight with BYOT
- The First Five Days of School with BYOT
- Strategies for Implementing BYOT Assignment – Based on your BYOT experiences and on what you have learned today, brainstorm some strategies for implementing BYOT. Divide into five teams, and record your team’s list of strategies in the FCS BYOT Wiki.
Personal Goal Setting and Reflection
- Reflect on what you have learned today about BYOT and its implementation. Share your thoughts in Twitter in the #byotpd hashtag.