November 2011 – GaETC Workshop on Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) to Engage Learners
- Todays Meet (for our discussion) – http://todaysmeet.com/BYOT-GaETC
- Overview of BYOT – Prezi Presentation
- Device Sharing
- Meet someone new and share something about your device.
- Introduce each other and your devices to the rest of the group.
- Publish the introduction in Todays Meet.
- Big Ideas of BYOT(Literacy, Adapting, Transforming)
- 30-minute Project
- Brainstorm transformational products. (corkboard.me)
- BYOT Policies (willyou.typewith.me) Using a sample, collaborate on designing an ideal policy for your particular school level.
- Management Strategies
- Student Choice/Differentiation
- Download Comic Touch Lite App
- Video presentation on Choice – Above and Beyond
- Create illustrations of student choice using Comic Touch Lite. You could also use images from Pics4Learning or Wikimedia Commons.
- Email them to yourself to create a project. (examples: iMovie/Photostory)
- Animoto (web link) / Animoto (iOS app)
- Online Learning with BYOT
List of Free iOS Apps