Here are the resources that will be used in my workshop entitled Unleashing the NETS•S with Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT)
- Session Overview
- ISTE NETS•S Standards
- BYOD in the 21st Century
- NBC News – BYOT in Forsyth County Schools
- BYOT Tour in Forsyth County Schools
Creativity and Innovation
- Above and Beyond – Fablevision
- The 4 C’s Poster
- Teaching the 4 C’s in BYOT by BYOTNetwork
- Activity: Take a photo or find one that demonstrates creativity and post it to Padlet.
Communication and Collaboration
- On the Padlet wall that was created above, post a simile or metaphor about another person’s photo.
(If you’re not sure about similes or metaphors, you are welcome to research those terms with your own technology.)
- Social Media in Plain English
- Build Your BYOT PLN
- Activity: Share Your BYOT Tool/Device – Share your device with a member of your PLN. What are your favorite personal and educational applications? Why? Tweet out those apps to the #byotpd hashtag in Twitter.
Research and Information Fluency
- A Student’s Perspective of BYOT
- Student Inquiry with BYOT
- Activity: Take a standard or topic and turn it into a driving question for inquiry. Create a playlist in Safari Montage.
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Backchannel – What elements should be included in a policy for BYOT?
- Responsible Use Guidelines of Forsyth County Schools
- Learning to TRUST with Responsible Use
- Activity: Design a resource or strategy for nurturing responsible use.
Technology Operations and Concepts
- Grappling’s Technology and Learning Spectrum – Bernajean Porter
- Levels of Use Poster
- Transformational Gaming Project